Career Fairs are a great opportunity for you to get face to face time with different employers in a couple of hours. Before going to a career fair, you need to prepare accordingly:
- Know which employers will be present, research the companies so you can have an informed discussion with the company representatives.
- Dress as if you are going to an interview.
- Have a 30 second introductory speech: must be strong, to the point to make a lasting first impression
- Leave your resume with all the employers your talk to (hence, bring enough copies of your resume).
- Have a few questions for the employers. This shows them you did your research about the company and shows your professionalism and interest in their company.
- Get the interviewer’s business card to follow up in a couple of days.
Upcoming Career Fairs / Events
What: Interview2Hire Job Fairs
FOR MORE INFO:
Find out about career fairs near you!
- Career Builder Career Fairs
- National Career Fairs
- Workforce Investment Board, City of Los Angeles